Monday 4 January 2016

"The innocence of Mambo"

This story, "the innocence of Mambo", is all about the kids of the very remote village of Mambo, high in the Usambara mountains of Tanzania.

When exploring this unique village on foot, I was surprised to not only witness some extreme living conditions, but also to witness the fact that all I could see was kids.  Kids playing and working really hard for the basic needs of life.

All I could think of was myself as a kid and the pure innocence that belongs to being a kid.  And also these kids, one by one are still so innocent, but one by one they had a very strong story to tell.

So this story is in honour of the true innocent kids of Mambo that roam these unforgiving landscape of the Usambara mountains. And the kids that touched my heart while I visited the village for a week.


(photo featured in the "Photographers without Borders' Magazine)
















No comments:

Post a Comment